Rick Harrison, the well-known face of the hit-show Pawn Stars, has shared his thoughts after the sudden death of his 39-year-old son, Adam. The heartbreaking news revealed that Adam had passed away due to a suspected drug overdose, with fentanyl being the cause of his untimely demise.
Rick Harrison expressed his grief and concern regarding the fentanyl crisis in the country. In an interview with Fox News Digital, he stated, “Yes, I can confirm Adam died from a fentanyl overdose. The fentanyl crisis in this country must be taken more seriously. It seems it is just flowing over the borders, and nothing is being done about it. We must do better.”
The tragic news of Adam’s death was initially reported by TMZ, but details regarding the circumstances of the overdose are still unknown. The Las Vegas Metro Police Department has initiated an investigation to uncover more information.
A statement from the Harrison family spokesperson, Laura Herlovich, was released on behalf of Adam’s loved ones. It read, “Our family is extremely saddened by the death of Adam. We ask for privacy as we grieve his loss.”
Adam was Rick Harrison’s second child from his first marriage to Kim Harrison, making him the younger brother of Corey Harrison. Rick later married his second wife Tracy, with whom he shares a son named Jake.
Although Adam did not appear on the popular series Pawn Stars, he reportedly worked at the family’s business, Gold & Silver Pawn, before the show premiered in 2009. However, he had not been actively involved in the pawn shop in recent times.
Rick Harrison turned to social media to share a heartfelt tribute to his son. He posted a photo on Instagram of himself and Adam, both smiling at a bar. Alongside the photo, he wrote, “You will always be in my heart! I love you, Adam. 💔”
The rising number of overdose deaths involving synthetic opioids, including fentanyl, is a cause for concern. According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, these deaths rose by 56.6% from January 2020 to 2021. Fentanyl, classified by the Drug Enforcement Agency as a Schedule II controlled substance, is incredibly potent. Just two milligrams, which is less than a grain of salt, can be lethal depending on a person’s body size.
We extend our condolences to Rick Harrison and the rest of the family during this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with them as they navigate this tragic loss.