Get ready to have some fun in the kitchen with this adorable Easter egg recipe – Easter Chick Deviled Eggs! These little chicks are not only delicious, but they will also be the talk of your kitchen. Step up your deviled egg game and turn them into cute little chicks that will make everyone smile!
- 12 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced into rings
- 6 black olives
What You Need:
- Sharp knife
- Plastic straw
- Start by peeling the hard-boiled eggs. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice off a very thin layer from the base of the egg to give it a flat surface to stand on a platter. Then, cut off a generous top third of the egg. Gently squeeze around the egg base to loosen the yolk and it should pop right out. Keep the lids paired with their bases.
In a medium mixing bowl, mash 12 cooked yolks with a fork until smooth. Add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt. Mash everything together until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a ziplock bag or pastry bag and pipe it generously into the egg bases. Place the top third of the eggs back over the base and press down slightly to adhere.
Now it’s time to add the chick’s features! For the eyes, use a plastic straw to gently poke through an olive several times. Then, squeeze down the straw and the little circles of olives will pop right out. For the beaks, thinly slice a few rings of carrot and cut each ring into sixths. Insert two olive spots for eyes and two carrot wedges for the beak.
Place the deviled egg chicks on a platter and garnish with fresh parsley or dill to give them that “free range” feel.
Now, enjoy your adorable and delicious Easter Chick Deviled Eggs! They are sure to be a hit at any Easter gathering. Have fun and let these little chicks bring a smile to your face!